About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Fat Blog- Day 62

Holy crap, counting calories is so much more complicated than points. To maintain my current body weight I need to consume 1600 calories (and stay completely still). If maintaining my weight were my intent I think I'd be in good shape. Or, rather, I'd be in my current shape.

I don't understand how to bring my exercise into the formula. There are just too many numbers involved. I am anti-number. Numbers are the enemy. Numbers are responsible for 9/11.

Whenever I visit my parents I have this insatiable desire to blog about how they treat the family cat. It's hilarious, in a really cruel way. I don't blog about it because I don't want my parents to get mauled by PETA or have their cars bombed by animal rights nutties. Idon't blog about my brother and his collection of bunnies for the same reason. Anyone want two ill tempered bunnies?

I should note that our family cat, Spooky, is a 16-year old rescue. We rescued her from our garage back in 1992. Spooky is very, very loved. My family just sucks at pet-rearing; our animals survive to spite us.

When Spooky was around 8 months old we got her spayed and declawed. For those of you who aren't appalled by the cruelty of de-clawing, I feel the need to state that de-clawing is cruel and unnatural. I did not have a say because I think I was like 9; I blame the cruel regime of my parents. Spooky then spent the next 15 years of her life as a declawed, pseudo-outdoor kitty. Now East Hartford, CT is a city. There are no wolverines or fisher cats to prey on my kitty but there are raccoons, skunks, droves of feral cats and a family or woodchucks that happen upon my yard.

Yet, here Spooky is to this day, while slightly obese, in great health and more importantly, alive. If there is a PETA representative reading this, my parents are good people.

Breakfast
Slim fast 180
luna bar 180

tkd + 180

lunch
Chicken soup 200

1st dinner
2 boca 180
2 slice fiber one bread 200
1 oz cheddar 90
2 weight watchers giant latte bars 180

90 min cardio +600

2nd Dinner
2 tofu pups 120
2 slice fiber one bread 200
1 cup chili 194

1 comment:

daniel_gasparino said...

go back to points than. oh, and declawing was very common back in the early 90s. It was all rage.

Btw - have you considered being an editor for a career? You are a brilliant writer and I think it would be a good fit.

Blog Archive