About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fat Blog Day 82 (Easter)

So let me just say: I have the 'chillest' grandmother on the planet. Grandma is friendly, sarcastic and honest; or in her words, she's just "not fussy". Seriously, no complaining, no whining, no neediness... I sat with her for hours watching squirrels frolick, through my parents sliding glass door.

Chatting? no sweat, grandma loves to chat.

Eating? grandma's happy to share.

Gained a few pounds in the past year? grandma's the first, and only, one to point it out.

The woman supposedly has Alzheimer's and she can remember that your belly was a full size smaller last time she saw you. When is the last time she saw you? Oh, 1950 or so... about 30 years before you were born but she can tell you're getting chubby. Hoover was president, or something; but your belly was not as big as it is today. My brother and our Uncle are the same person most of the time and Nikki sure put on some weight.

NOT THIS YEAR!!! Grandma said I looked very good; great success!

Also, a list of cute words Grandma uses:
Fussy
slacks
smacks (translates roughly to snack; preferably lays potato chips, those are her favorite)

I'm a big fan of grandma.

Today's Menu:
None of your Business; that's between me, grandma and the Easter bunny.

2 comments:

Angela said...

She does sound like a totally cool grandma. I miss my own Granny Ree. Although, she was a contributor to my delinquent appetite. If we were ever in trouble at home, we would run to her house and she would feed us cheese! LOL

Greta&Kiki said...

Oh man, back when I was skinny...like 90ish lbs in high school, my grandma used to bitch at me because everything I wore was baggy (she HATED Forenza sweaters). She was soooooo right!!!!!! I shoulda tucked in when I had the chance!

Greta

Blog Archive