About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fat Blog- Day 111-116

So I'm down to posting once a week; because I'm lame and incredibly lazy. Ironically, those same reasons are to blame for the weight loss plateau I'm stranded on. I've been solid at 9-12 pounds lost for almost two full months. OK, not so solid if I gain and lose 3-4 pounds every week...

I should really quit my bitching; my weight loss is noticeable and I'm in good shape. Alas, I bitch and wish that I'd stop eating half of a large pepperoni pizza and order an apple-walnut salad instead. I make poor food choices as if I'll someday be rewarded for it. If Type II diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, tummy aches and heart disease are rewards then I will surely collect. I actually like apple-walnut salads and pepperoni pizza always disappoints me when I am done with it. Why, then, do I do it to myself, over and over and over again...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If I don't expect a different result then I'm not insane, I'm simply weak... or stupid... probably weak because I'm really quite smart.

It's certainly discipline and lack of planning that I'm failing at. I never have a plan; I just eat whatever is quick and or cheesy. This makes me fatter than I'd prefer.

I let myself forget how crappy I feel every time overeat. I need some sort of reminder; like electric shock. Pepperoni pizza never makes me feel good! Yet I order it and I eat it... a lot of it. I also have the same memory lapse about sugary drinks like powerade, pepsi and mango juice. Or snack foods like BBQ potato chips and Smartfood popcorn (and of course God's perfect dessert...chocolate chip blondies). I just have too many nemeses.

I should just pack a damn lunch; I am just too dangerous when left to my own food devices.

No comments:

Blog Archive