About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fat Blog- Day 119

So, I'm on Day 2 of the pre-planned variety diet and I hit three and half minor snags.

Snag 1: Last night I was preparing my "spring corn chowder" soup for the next day. It was a blended mix of avocado, corn and almond milk. Not trusting the hippie editors of "Vegetarian Times", where I'd gotten the recipe, with a whole meal out of my day, I decided to sneak a sip. After vomiting a bit into the back of my throat, I dumped the whole lot of it down the toilet. Luckily I had leftover quinoa from my very successful Sunday night cooking extravaganza; a quick substitute in the menu and snag #1 was behind me.

Snag 2: I planned to have white chocolate yogurt with some granola for breakfast. Turns out that I should have eaten that yogurt roughly two months ago. Smelly milk curds was not my idea of refreshing breakfast; so I had to think fast and substitute again.

Snag 3: In place of granola and yogurt, I tossed a gluten-free, French roll into "George", my grill, and took the almond butter out of the fridge. While I was waiting I got distracted by email, facebook messages and blog comments. With only minor prompting, my adoring gentleman friend saved my breakfast from burning and prepared my meal. However, my adoring gentleman friend has a tendency to exercise his free-will, which I am working on breaking him of, and his table service included a large glass of OJ (not part of the weekly plan). Cost me at least 130 extra calories and an "Oh... yeah... thanks sweetie". I then proceeded to interrogate him about the portioning of the almond butter.

Snag 3.5: In between lunch and dinner today I got really hungry. I had to stop for gas and bought a slice of pistachio pound cake. Luckily it was nasty so I was able to stop myself halfway through...so this counts as half a snag.

As a result of these slight snags, I am slightly over where I would have liked to be in calorie intake.

Breakfast: Grilled French Roll w/Almond butter and OJ [450 cal, 17.5 g fat, 5 g fiber]
Lunch: Quinoa w/roasted pistachios, mint and parsley [382 cal, 17 g fat, 5 g fiber]
Snacks: latte bar [180 cal, 1 g fat, 0 fiber]
small pistachio pound cake [150 cal, 4 g fat, 1 g fiber]
slenderize melon strawberry juice [ 10 cal]
Dinner: Whole wheat spaghetti marinara w/soy meatballs, peas and spinach [620 cal, 11 g fat, 6 g fiber]
exercise: 45 minutes cardio

1 comment:

daniel_gasparino said...

oooh pistachio pound cake!!

Blog Archive