About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fat Blog- Day 121

I got a bangin' fortune in my fortune cookie the other day. It said, "Good clothes open many doors. Go shopping." Yes, please. It also laid out my lucky numbers and told me how to say and write ORANGE in Chinese. Very useful.

I picked up a loaf of bread made from quinoa and it is delicious. I think quinoa is campaigning for the coveted position of Nicole's Favorite grain. Wheat is the current title-holder; yet, quinoa is unimpressed by the competition and after tasting quinoa's bread, I am too.

Planing out my week of meals is working well for me. I've not effed up at all this week, diet-wise. I think that as long as I can grocery shop for fresh food on Sunday night, I will have food that I am excited about all week. This will result in less trips to the Chinese restaurant and a flatter, and therefore hotter, ab-ular area.

Breakfast: Egg whites, spinach, feta, soy bacon, black coffee, 1/2 a grapefruit and potato pancake [362 cal, 10.7 g fat, 4 g fiber]
Lunch: sausage and chicken gumbo, two slice quinoa toast [340 cal, 6 g fat, 6 g fiber]
Snack: banana [121 cal, .5 g fat, 3.5 g fiber]
Dinner: 1 slice cheese pizza [420 cal, 8 g fat, 1 g fiber]
Exercise: 60 minutes cardio

2 comments:

Greta&Kiki said...

I'm officially going to have to try this. Starting Monday. I (sort of) swear.

Nic said...

It totally works.

Blog Archive