About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Fat Blog- Day 221

My first week without high fructose corn syrup has been a success! I weigh in tomorrow and I fully expect a loss. I plan to make all Saturday mornings my weigh ins...
  • Reason #1: I almost always do martial arts on Saturday morning; if my weight goes down it will put me in a great mood and I will have a good class. If my weight goes up I can punish myself...by having a good class.
  • Reason #2: I picked Sunday to be my diet-day-off. It's the day my gentleman friend claims as his day of my weekly life. We usually get breakfast and spend the day shopping. I would like flexibility on Sunday and not have to weigh in on Monday....
  • Reason #3: Re-read #2... I am a coward.
  • Reason#4: I go grocery shopping on Sunday and plan my meals on Sunday; a Saturday weigh in will send me into my list building mode with some going-forward perspective.
  • Reason #5: Monday weigh ins were just not working. I get up early on that day for a private lesson... remembering to weigh in just not working.
I am sort of surprised by how good I feel and how easy this week was. I am going to give full credit to my change in strategy. I am really not eating anything fat free, or low cal, or low carb or anything artificial. I just focused on eating whole wheats and high fiber, eating nothing but natural sugars; so I skipped the sports beverage for water, skipped the ketchup and chose mustard, no jellies I picked fruit. I also snacked on fruit and lean lunch meats. I am going to list my menus again because I haven't been hungry at all but I have been consuming much fewer calories.

Today's Menu.
Breakfast: plan nonfat dannon yogurt, flaxseed (my new omega fatty acid best friend) and blueberries
Lunch: Creamy Basil Chicken Lean Cuisine and an apple
Snack: 1 serving turkey breast
Dinner: Whole grain light english muffin and ...

"Abs Diet Burger"
  • 90% lean ground beef
  • tbsp of reduced fat Mexican mix cheese
  • 1/2 cup spinach
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion

1 comment:

divamentors said...

Congrats on a successful new strategy! I've recently changed the way I view food, and how I eat it. Some days successfully! LOL You've got a great blog here!
I would love it if you would pay me a visit Be Naturally Well and add your blog to the roll, so my readers can find you too.

If you had some extra time to spare I just started a forum there a Details on the site.

Many Blessings,
shelley

Blog Archive