About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fat Blog- Day 241

I just don't get it. No, I get it; I don't like it. I totally disapprove. If I consume more than 1500 calories per day I gain weight... guaranteed. Paying taxes, death and weight fluctuations are all that can be guaranteed in my life.

Also, this high fiber shit is really screwing with my delicate internal balance. My body hates and rejects fiber in all its many forms. My body is screaming for processed sugars and simple carbs. Deal with it, digestive track, you'll get multigrain and wheat and like it.

This is discouraging because I exercise! I exercise A LOT! At least three times per week; I'm Nicole and I'm a taekwondo addict. I try to eat healthy but I really suck at that... really, really suck. Like no joke... S-U-C-K. Apparently, I'm going to have to reverse that trend because unless I work in two more hours of exercise per day, I just cannot lose fifteen pounds and eat whatever I want. Which is provoking and discouraging and all sorts of other negative "ings".

One thing that my mind and body are united on. We hate effort. We lo-o-ove baked goods.

Addendum 9:00 pm

I must have been really tired when I wrote down the ingredient portions for tonight's meal. I usually put my weekly meal plan together on Sunday night. I use my mathematical superpower to divide the ingredients down to a single portion. I have learned three things:

1. My math is terrible.
2. I'm not qualified to identify a mild red fresno chile pepper
3. I am doubly not qualified in a situation where there are no red chile peppers at the store and am forced to guess what must be comparable in heat and flavor based on zero knowledge of chile peppers.

The magazine's shrimp arugula salad recipe yielded 4 portions, but alas I am one; so I carefully divided all the ingredient portions by four to yield a single portion. I divided all ingredients accept the chile portion. I mixed a whole chile portion into a quarter of the rest of the ingredients. I set my tongue, throat and pretty much whole face on fire but I was able to deduce that if I hadn't botched it the salad would have been delicious. At least I think so... it smelled good.

No comments:

Blog Archive