About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fat Blog- Day 293

I watched a stressful documentary called "I Eat 33,000 Calories Per Day". The familiarity of what I heard has inspired me to acknowledge my eating disorder and move forward.

I am a food addict.

It's not a very good excuse because I don't weigh upwards of 400 lbs; it's a much more compelling argument coming from a 700 lb man who is bed ridden on an oxygen tank or a 900 lb man whose knees gave out under his massive weight. I'm like the diet coke of food addicts, clocking in at a meager 160 lbs and having perfectly functional mobility. I've got a long road ahead of me if I want to be hardcore enough to have a documentary made about me and the plate of cookies in my kitchen.

I plan to weigh in, again, tomorrow, and re-commit, again, to reaching my goal weight. It seems like this should be totally attainable if it weren't for these two pesky things I lack: discipline and sense of urgent effort.

I've been burning mad calories tripping over my new cat who is a relentless mooch and a persistent howler. I may kill this new cat, who had yet to be named. If I kill it before it has a name, I'm morally in the clear. Although there will be intense guilt for dropping $100 into his shots and check-up; I think I can live with myself if he can't learn to shut his yap.

1 comment:

jonathan said...

It was substantially more than $100, dear, and he is worth every penny. Like you, he whines and howls when he is hungry...

Blog Archive