About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fat Blog- Day 534

Nicole is in a good place. I made a major change in life's course. I given notice at my job and I am heading back to school for a teaching certificate. I don't have a job lined up and I have not been accepted to a school, but I feel great about the plan. I am viewing the next year as a mid-twenties sabbatical. I'll begin applying to intense teaching programs this winter, will take my tests and will begin and alternative route program, hopefully, in 2010 or 11.

I have not been unemployed since I was 14. I have been working full time for over ten years and for a majority of those years I have been enrolled in school full time at the same time. I feel free for the first time in many years. Since I made this decision, I've lost six pounds and my herb garden is ever expanding. I am transitioning out of my position responsibly and the leaders that I have been working with have been very supportive and have shared words of support, gratitude for my role in their work and promises to keep up the fight. The movement will stay with me. I'm a worker and always have been; I come from a long, long line of hard workers.

I.feel.free.

No comments:

Blog Archive