About Me

I have a thing for new beginnings and fresh starts.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fat Blog- Day 615

Hello, team. I recognize that I have been slacking on the blogging front. Hardcore slacking, it's sort of what I do. My schedule is gloriously jam packed with martial arts, yoga, various volunteer projects and cash-money making.

I've been taking a little time these days to look forward to autumn. These past few days have brought me the chilly mornings that made me dread shedding my pajamas. The window fan blows cold into unfortunate places.

Looking back on the past two months, I'm generally pleased with where I have come and the direction I am heading. Mentally and physically, I am in a strong and peaceful place. I've put myself on an ambitious schedule of 4-5 days of hot and power yoga mixed with 3-4 days of martial arts. Serving adds some major mileage as well. I'm more active than I have ever been.
In four short weeks, my waist has shrunk and my abs are carving out some definition. Yay, abs! Go, fight, win!

On the food front, the restaurant schedule has made late night eating hard to avoid. I've also been eating more than I really want. Self, take a memo: eat more veggies. The vegan detox went well. I came back to eggs in late July after a month of strict veganism. The dairy has been limited after a Dairy Queen Digestive disaster and a month of Olive Garden butter sauces. I really just feel better without cheese or milk. Self, take a memo: buy more hummus.

I have taken on volunteer tutoring at an English as a second language tutoring center in New Britain. I am excited about meeting new people and continuing to language-exchange. My Es-Spanish is coming along through the help of my lovely Peruvian ladies at the Olive Garden. I have begun my Yoga work study at West Hartford Yoga and have been diligently trying to make it to classes with all the different instructors. I am planning on attending an information session on instructor training. I feel very drawn to Yoga and Martial Arts instruction as my next steps.

Yoga has pushed me through a rut in my martial arts training. It has provided noticeable improvement in my flexibility and has me excited to be awake at 6:00 am every morning. My gardens are yielding fresh veggies and herbs. So, my goal for the next few weeks is to be more disciplined and varied with my diet. I have been jumping up and down between 156-158 pounds which is ten pounds less than mid-June when my life hanged direction, however I would like to get down to 150 before autumn is over. Overall, I feel comfortable with my body and pleased with how my clothes feel on it. I've been pondering the possibility of a Capoiera class. But I don't know where I would fit it in!

I am on my way out of corporate servitude! With the help of a good word from the most awesome breakfast-joint-proprietress ever, I landed a part time job at The Main Pub, a local joint in Manchester. Thanks, Tracy! Everyone from OG who misses me should feel free to visit the Cosmic Omelet, on Hartford Road in Manchester.

No comments:

Blog Archive